Empowering Families, Rebuilding Community,
and Promoting Economic Stability...
Through Active Community Engagement
Hours of Work
Support PitCare: Critical Needs Alert
On Tuesday, Aug. 9, from 8 AM to 11:59 PM, The Pittsburgh Foundation and The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County will host a Critical Needs Alert online giving event to support basic needs and the safety net of essential human services in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties.
These essential services are facing new challenges brought on by the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
#ONEDAY benefits nonprofits, like ours, who provide direct service in one or more of the five areas that will strengthen the safety net of essential human services:
* Child Care - Programs providing child care for infants and children up to age 6.
* Employment – Organizations providing employment-related services such as job readiness, job placement, or job retention programs; training or education explicitly related to employment; and support services such as transportation, tools or clothing to enable individuals to work.
* Food and Nutrition - Organizations such as food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens that provide food to those who don't have the ability to meet daily needs.
* Eviction Prevention and Housing – Organizations that provide direct shelter to individuals and families in crisis. Also includes organizations that provide financial assistance, landlord-tenant mediation, and other related services that assist individuals and families to stay safely in their homes.
* Physical and Mental Health - Organizations providing clinical physical and mental health care. This includes health care supplies and staffing needs.
The Foundation will be highlighting BIPOC-led organizations providing services in the areas listed above.
PitCare was invited to participate in #ONEDAY as we are eligible in several areas of service recognized by The Pittsburgh Foundation!
Our athletic program works to build structure and confidence through sports for underserved youth. Children are encouraged to set goals and learn how to achieve them. Through the drills and the physical activities, youth are not only staying fit but also learning fundamentals such as timeliness, mental and physical perseverance, teamwork, listening skills, and analytical skills.